International Committee Of The Red Cross Job Vacancy : Buyer 1 (Water And Habitat Purchaser)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Buyer 1 (Water and Habitat Purchaser)
- Responsible for the procurement of all requested Wathab (Water & Habitat) goods and Services for the ICRC Delegation in Abuja as well as for the support to the ICRC country wide, securing the best correlation of quality, price and delivery time.
- Receives, plans and prioritizes orders Supply Request’s (SR) from departments and ensures a good electronic and hard filing of the Supply Requests with Wathab.
- Decides procurement mode in collaboration with Head of Purchasing Delegate and the requester: Local Procurement Request, Stock Requisition and Requisition Order to other sites, IT or admin stock.
- Identifies and forwards Petty Cash Requests to Purchasing.
- Follows up procurement with am counterparts to make sure deadlines are met; Informs requester in case of problems.
- Liaises with Dispatch and Transport to decide on Transport mode and prioritize dispatch of cargo as well as with Wathab.
- Liaises with Wathab for the purchasing forecast
- Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree or equivalent higher education degree in administration, logistics, purchasing, or similar field. Technical engineering is a strong plus.
- Additional vocational training in administration, logistics or purchasing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in logistics, purchasing, administration or similar position in commercial/Engineering or humanitarian sector.
- Advanced conversational and written English. Other North East (Hausa, Fulani) dialogue is an asset.
- PC literate: Microsoft office, Excel, experience with JDE or another ORACLE ERP an added value
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning, Responsibility & Autonomy
- Honest & Trustworthy.
- Negotiation, Communication (Ability to express views and ideas)
- Good knowledge of the local market.
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic procedures.
- Flexibility and team playing within and out with the logistics department.
Application Closing Date
29th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate “Buyer 1 (Wathab Purchaser) Abuja” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated) In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.