International Committee Of The Red Cross Job Vacancy : Logistician 1 – (Cash Transfer Program)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Logistician 1 – (Cash Transfer Program)
- Responsible for cash transfers to beneficiaries as per ICRC Cash Transfer Program (CTP) procedures in Nigeria
- Conduct field visits to support CTP activities in the field areas. Expected travel time 75%.
- Under the supervision of LOG CTP Specialist, conduct market assessments and prepare analysis in collaboration with Economic Security (EcoSec) colleagues, assess the feasibility and appropriateness of CTP within the range of other possible options to meet identified needs. This includes a market analysis as well as the analysis of the various criteria required to implement different CTP and a comparison with in-kind options.
- Assist in maintaining standard CTP documentation ensuring transparency and accountability and ensure it fulfils the internal requirements for clean audit purpose.
- Support Economic Security team in the post-distribution monitoring and share the key findings with recommendations
- Able to provide trainings and take capacity building initiatives on distributions
- Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree or equivalent higher education Degree in Administration, Logistics, Purchasing or similar field
- Additional vocational training / education / certification in administration, logistics or purchasing, Humanitarian Cash Transfers (Preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Cash Transfer Program, distributions, logistics, purchasing, administration or similar position in commercial or humanitarian sector
- Advanced command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of local languages (Hausa, Pidgin, etc.) is an asset
- Literate in Microsoft office and experienced internet user
- Good knowledge of the Procurement and Control Systems, CTP, local markets & assessments and relevant financial service providers
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations
- Willingness to learn,Responsibility and Autonomy
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Very good negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to express views and ideas, Attention to detail
- Team player within and out with the logistics department
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic CTP procedures
Application Closing Date
29th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate “Logistician 1 (CTP) Abuja” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated) In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.