- Company: Coffey International Development
- Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Coffey International Development has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Officer
Job no: 495790
Nigeria Policing Programme
- We are looking for a Communications Officer with experience of digital engagement to support the Nigeria Policing Programme until March 2019 in Abuja, Nigeria
- The Nigeria Policing Programme (NPP) is funded by the British High Commission through the Conflict, Stabilisation and Security Fund (CSSF).
- The programme aims to improve the Nigerian Police Force’s contribution to the delivery of safety and security for Nigerians in target states; strengthen internal and external accountability mechanisms; and improve the coherence of security provision among and between formal and informal security actors.
- The Communications Officer will deliver strategic communications and engagement content for NPP to enable the programme to engage relevant stakeholders and promote NPP’s objectives, contributing to NPPs awareness raising activities.
- The communications approach for NPP will be to use communications as a means to the end as opposed to a means in itself.
- The role is cross-cutting and will work across the NPP team and Interventions.
The Communications Officer will:
- Be responsible for leading NPP’s digital engagement. Design and deliver online communications campaigns that reach and mobilise targeted audiences, to achieve NPP’s objectives.
- Work with the NPFs communications units to coordinate and amplify messaging and engagement.
- Provide communications and engagement advice and support to Intervention Leads and the Senior Management Team.
- Produce, in partnership with the programme team, policy briefs, newsletters and advocacy materials to support delivery of NPPs objectives that are tailored to different audiences and seek to bring about results.
- Use information provided by the NPP programme team to produce written and video content, including success stories, blogs and vlogs.
- Support communications for external events by NPP, including production of communication material for and after the event.
- Work with suppliers of communications services commissioned under NPP.
- Work with partners and grantees to coordinate messages and communications in a strategically to amplify messages and impact.
- Develop practical and accessible NPP branding guide, templates and communications approaches that can be used easily across the programme team.
- Be mindful of the risks associated with communications in the security sector and take responsibility for managing the associated risks proactively.
- Work with the MEL manager to capture and report results achieved through NPPs communications work.
- Maintain NPP’s social media channels, including Twitter and Facebook.
- Develop and manage a website for NPP.
- Liaise with the British High Commissions Communications team as and when directed by the DTL- Planning, Results and Ops.
- Liaise with Coffey Communications Manager when required.
- Adhere to all security advice from Coffey’s Risk Management Team.
- Adhere to Coffey International Policies and Procedures as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Adhere to Coffey International’s behaviours: Ingenuity, Collaboration, Respect, Intelligent Risk, Integrity and Delivery.
- Engage in the activities of the Programme Management Team and contribute to the progression of the programme, to ensure delivery of project outputs and outcomes in line with NPP’s logframe. This will involve routine programme meetings (each week) to undertake detailed review of progress against the log frame, adjusting work plans and resourcing on an on-going basis to remain on track.
- Some travel and out of office hours work may be required.
- Any other duties as may be required for the exigency of the programme.
- A Degree in Communications or relevant subject.
- Experience designing and implementing audience relevant innovative digital engagement campaigns.
- Strong understanding of online communication mediums used in Nigeria.
- Experience in analysing communication campaign success and impact.
- Excellent copy writing and editing skills.
- Experience delivering innovative digital engagement campaigns in the non-for-profit/public sector
- Understanding of the Nigerian security and justice sector.
Competencies and Behaviours:
- Self-starter, who uses their own initiative to provide innovative solutions.
- Able to work with the whole team, to develop success stories and lessons learnt
- Able to work to tight deadlines and deliver at pace.
The Communications Officer will report to the Deputy Team Leader – Planning, Results and Ops, working in a matrix management arrangement with the Coffey Assistant Manager.
Application Closing Date
7th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Click Here To Submit your CV and Application