Company: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
State: Abuja Jobs
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor
Job ID 13-9890
Reports To: Principal Technical Advisor TB
- The Senior Technical Advisor will provide overall technical assistance on e-TB Manager implementation and enhancement of TB case detection in Nigeria in collaboration with MSH Principal Technical Advisor ,TB for Africa, MSH HQ,CTB Country lead in Nigeria, National TB and leprosy Control program(NTBLCP) of Nigeria and other stakeholders in accordance with the national TB policy guidelines and international Standards of TB care.
- S/he reports hierarchically and functionally and administratively to the Principal Technical Advisor, TB, MSH.
- Provides overall technical expertise for MSH/CTB Project in Nigeria by supporting the implementation , scale up and proper handover of an electronic TB data management information system and enhancement of TB case detection
- Ensures that project activities are carried out within budget and agreed timeframes
- Implement all MSH/ CTB activities in consistent with CTB Nigeria plan, NTBLCP strategic plan and MSH quality standard in collaboration with Nigeria CTB Country lead
- Represent MSH in technical meetings and forum including partner and stakeholders meetings
- Foster clear communication about project activities, plans, and organizational policies within MSH and between strategic projects and partners.
- Participate in USAID TB project consortium progress and implementation process
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate Degree in health related field; MD, MBBS preferred, possession of an MPH Degree will be an added advantage
- Previous record of e-TB manager program implementation in Nigeria is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public health; at least 2 years’ experience in TB control
- Excellent strategic thinking and planning skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of and experience in training and capacity building
- Demonstrated operating in a management culture built on consensus and results
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a team-based structure
- Ability to travel up to 60% percent of the time within Nigeria
- Fluency and excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Application Closing Date
8th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application Online : Click Here