Medecins Sans Frontieres Jobs In Nigeria : Finance Coordinator Assistant
Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Coordinator Assistant Working hours: 48 Hours Per week Grade Level: 7 Reports to (Hierarchical): Finance Coordinator Reports to (Functional): Finance Coordinator Job Family: HR & FIN
- Assisting the Finance Coordinator in the implementation and follow-up of the finance activities of the mission, while executing the accountancy and payment related tasks for the capital, according to MSF policies, standards and procedures in order to ensure documentary traceability as well as compliance with local labour and fiscal regulations.
- Supporting the Finance Coordinator with delegated tasks to ensure proper management in the mission (budget, accounting, treasury, reporting, donors, auditing procedures, legal financial obligations, etc.) including the translation of documents and assisting in meetings upon request www.justjobsng.com
- Keeping updated on local laws and regulations and informing the FinCo of any changes or misalignment with the practices in place.
- Ensuring respect and strict compliance to MSF standards (chart of accounts, quality of documents, guidelines, expense validation procedures, cash security rules, etc.)
- Carrying out delegated accounting tasks and activities for the capital, ensuring confidentiality on all finance issues related to MSF as well as the strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Processing payments , ensuring that receipts and supporting documents meet the necessary quality standards.
- Filing and/or scanning hard copies of documents, entering information in the accounting software and performing monthly closing procedures for the journals under his/her responsibility
- Following up on rental/service contracts and insurances dates and informing the FinCo on time to organize payments and renewals.
- When requested, replacing other members of the Finance/Accounting Manager or Project Administration Assistants during their absence
- Desirable Finance, Business or Administration related diploma
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in rele-vant jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Mission language essential. Local language desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet).
- Good working knowledge on MS Office.
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
Salary As per the MSF salary scale (national contract).
Application Closing Date 13th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s, copies of diplomas, degrees, quali