Pact Nigeria Job Vacancy : Research Assistant (Consultant)
Pact is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters in Washington DC, USA. Pact has been in Nigeria since 2005, and currently implements donor funded development projects in 4 States in the area of Health, integrating livelihoods, capacity development, and governance systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant (Consultant)
- The Research Assistant (RA) will support ongoing activities to evaluate SAQIP’s mothers’ group’s intervention.
- The evaluation will use robust methods and its findings will describe the effectiveness of SAQIP’s mothers’ groups approaches.
- It will also demonstrate the channels of change and generate recommendations for effective program planning and/or scale-up of the intervention.
Period of Performance
- The period of performance will be from 30th May through 18th June 2018. All work will be done locally in Abuja, with travel to Gombe.
- This position will report to Pact’s Monitoring Evaluation Research and Learning (MERL) Director and work closely with the MERL team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review of relevant literature
- Design of the evaluation and development of evaluation protocol
- Review/update of existing questionnaires and other tools
- Review/update of respondents’ consent forms
- Request for IRB and local administrative approval from appropriate authorities
- Release of RFP for the evaluation
- Tracking of implementation of field work for the evaluation
- Tracking of the quality of data entered by data collectors (office-based)
- Develop weekly reports on progress of implementation of activities.
Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in statistics, public health, demography, or related fields; Must have graduated B.Sc. with at least a second-class upper division.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take initiative, think analytically, and come up with creative solutions to problems.
- Experience designing and/or implementing field-based research.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver high quality documents.
- Flexibility and good emotional intelligence.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with diverse people.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, and Power point.
- Experience with SPSS, STATA, R, EPI-INFO (advantage).
- Experience working in the development sector (advantage).
- Ability to travel and work in Gombe State.
Application Closing Date
23rd May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and cover letter as one MS Word Document to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject of the mail as “Research Assistant”.Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.