Senior GIS Analyst Job at eHealth Africa (eHA) – Abuja/Kano
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior GIS Analyst
- The Senior GIS Developer provides dedicated support to the eHealth Africa’s GIS application development projects. S/he develops eHA’s Web GIS environment and builds web and mobile apps to support targeted workflows, projects and programs being supported by the GIS Department. The position could be based in Kano, Abuja
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of organization-wide GIS applications (desktop, mobile, and web) leveraging technology stack and programming languages utilized by the organization.
- Lead the development of web services and data portals at eHealth Africa.
- Collaborate with eHealth Africa’s Software development team to ensure adequate support for all GIS development needs. Responsible for working with the team as needed throughout every stage of software development process.
- Mentor junior developers providing them with technical guidance. No direct supervisory responsibilities are anticipated in this role.
- Liaise with internal and external clients to perform proper requirement gathering
- Contribute to the development of OpenSource GIS applications, tools and capabilities at eHealth Africa
- May frequently travel between company work-sites. Some international travel may be required.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, Surveying and Geoinformatics, Geography or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in building Geospecial Applications and software engineering.
- Experience working within Agile environment is highly preferred.
- Experience in developing web and mobile GIS applications using open source GIS solutions e.g. PostgreSQL, Geoserver, MapServer, OpenLayers.
- Practical knowledge of software development life-cycle and experience developing restful web services and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Experience working in a team environment with github (creating branches, merging branches, cherry picking commits, reverting commits, stashing, squash merging, tagging, etc.)
- Familiarity with test driven development and with best practices in coding and design including enterprise patterns.
- Cultural sensitivity, sound judgment, and strong interest in working in a demanding and intellectually challenging environment, with the organizational ability to handle multiple tasks around ambitious deadlines
- International work experience is a plus.
- Ability to identify and promote best practices
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Ability to work in collaboration with others on a project team and independently on tasks
- Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills
- Good learning ability. Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of open Source GIS stack (QGIS, PostGIS and Geoserver), data transformation tools (FME Desktop and/or Kettle) and Commercial GIS stack (ArcInfo, ArcView, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox), ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server
- Strong programming skills using at least 1 Python web framework (preferrably Django)
- Working knowledge of carto visualization platform
- Ability to use Source Code Versioning Systems (Git is desired)
- Working knowledge of Agile development tools (JIRA)
- Language Ability
- English is the spoken and written language
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executive and senior managers, employees, the general public and clients/partners
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application Online : Click Here